[linux-dvb] Re: Sorry: Siemens Activy 300 and Linux VCR

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 03:39:39PM +0200, Jean-Claude Repetto wrote:

> [...]
That's not true. There are opensource driver available for the Sigma Designs MPEG2 decoder.
On dxr3.sourceforge.net are more informations on the em8300. That's the MPEG2 decoder from Sigma Designs.
But they use that chip on the Hollywood+ card from Sigma Designs and the DXR3 card from Creative.
So, don't be sure that this kernel modules run on the Activity 300.

I own a Hollywood+ card and thought about a timeshifting playback with a Siemens DVB card. But their APIs are to different.
In my oppinion, it needs to much development work to use this card for playback in the vdr project.
But the card is great for playing DVDs with xine.

 Tim

> --
> Info:

                \\\///
  Tim Lapawa    (o  -)   tim@lapawa.net
   ,ooo0                 Where do you want
  (     )         0ooo,     to go tomorrow?
                 ( _ /