[linux-dvb] Re: (No subject) ˙so-8859-1?Q?˙SO-8859-1?Q?Patch_for_?˙external_video-Direcorys"_?_and_other_Question?

Carsten Koch wrote:

> Axel Gruber wrote:
> > does anyone have made a patch for VDR to use aditional "external directorys" ?
> >
> > At all VDR-Versions VDR scan´s only /video0 for Recordings.
> >
> > I would like to use a second Directory from a other VDR-SYSTEM mountet via NFS...
>
> I had the same problem and I solved it using symbolic links.
> Simply link the recordings subdirectories of your additional
> mounts into your /video directory.
>
> Carsten.

That's a great idea!
And the easiest and cleanest solution, too!
VDR will currently show all recordings in one big list, but there
will soon be a hierarchical Recordings menu, so I guess this will be
_the_ solution for Axel's request.

Klaus