[linux-dvb] Re: quiet PC

From: "Christoph Rieder" writes

> hab die ct (schon bevor ich die frage gestellt habe) wegen des artikels
> gekauft. leider konzentrieren sich die autoren darauf einen rechner >=
> duron leise zu machen. ich will aber meinen alten pentium 133 verwenden.
> auch die anderen tips die ich erhalten habe gingen auch alle in richtung
> akueller hardware...
It is possible to cool the p133 passive (without a fan). You need a big
"Kühlkörper". Then look a the cpu temperature, if possibel in bios or
extern with a Ni-NiCr element (or somithing equivalent).

> gibts denn noch jemanden der AT netzteile verkauft?
I do not find any dealer. My vavorites don't offer this anymore.

> moeglichkeit ATX netzteile mit AT boards zu verwenden?
I do not know about this.

> > For cooling of the DVB-s card I have installed
> > a temperature regulated fan (92x92x25 mm) which run very slow.
> brauchts das? ok das ding wird warm, aber haelts das nicht aus?
I think only during sommer in germany. But it also generate
some moving air for passivly cooled cpu,
power supply  and uses
nearly the hole surface of the case
for cooling the hole thing. This enables you to close all holes
in the case to avoid any particles to come in. If you do so,
please be carefull and monitor the inside temperatur!!!

My case is themal isolated on the top. The hole heat
is transported to the side walls of the case. With only
a few parts inside (power supply, motherboard, NIC,
VGA(old), DVB-s card) I am able to operate this.

Joachim