[linux-dvb] Re: VDR 0.92 : No more EIT on Canal Satellite

Jean-Claude Repetto wrote:

> [...]

You want my honest opinion? Well: I hate it!
This would be a field that has no meaning for most channels,
but every user who programs a channel would be confronted with it
and maybe wondering what he/she has to enter here.

A workaround like this should be done in a way that it can be easily
dropped once the actual bug is fixed (i.e. the tv stations finally
learn how to follow the standard) and does not irritate users who
don't view these channels.

If you take a look at VDR's eit.c, you can see that I have done some
time correction for Pro7 and Kabel1, since these guys apparently also can't
work a clock and calendar. Maybe a similar thing can be done there for
the French channels. Note, though, that at this point all you have to identify
the station is the EIT data (i.e. primarily the ServiceID, which may not be
unique - I don't know what other EIT info could be used to clearly identify
a station).

Since even commercial STBs show the wrong times I would assume that
sooner or later these stations will have to transmit times as UTC.

Klaus