[linux-dvb] Re: VDR 0.92 : No more EIT on Canal Satellite

Johannes Schoeller wrote:

> >> For example, all Canal Satellite channels in local time would have a
> >> "Europe/Paris" time zone.
> >>
> >> What do you think about that ?
> >>
> >> Jean-Claude
> >
> >You want my honest opinion? Well: I hate it!
> >This would be a field that has no meaning for most channels,
> >but every user who programs a channel would be confronted with it
> >and maybe wondering what he/she has to enter here.
>
> klaus: isn.t THAT the big advantage we have over "comercial"
> sollutions. WE (or respectively YOU :)), can change the
> software to solve the errors others do.
>
> of course it would be great if all channels would be broad-
> casted according to the standards, but as long as this is not
> true, we can find another way.
>
> what do you think?? (i personally would love to have such a
> "time offset" field :)

Of course, anything is possible. I just don't like the idea of having
to handle an extra field just to iron out the bugs others have made.
This is almost like programming for Windows...

Since this problem occurs only on special channels, I'd prefer a "special"
solution that can be completely dropped once the original bug is fixed.
An additional field in channels.conf, once it is there, will always be there...

Of course nobody prevents you from implementing this in your copy of VDR.

Klaus