[linux-dvb] another patch for remote control with rev 2.1

Matthias Hilbig writes:
 > Here is another patch for the remote control delivered with rev 2.1.
 > Because I think vdr should use ir in this case directly and not through
 > LIRC I added 6 ioctls to the dvb-driver and changed vdr to use these
 > calls.
 >
 > It should be possible to write a LIRC-Interface with these calls, too.
 > I don't know how the driver developers wanted the ir-interface if they
 > wanted one.

I already included the LIRC patch by Christoph Martin in the last
CVS version. Since LIRC is well established and automatically
provides control for many other Linux applications, a solution
specific to the DVB API is not such a good idea.

But your patch is better in some other aspects (e.g. buffering of
events). Maybe the two patches can be combined without too much work.

Ralph