[linux-dvb] Re: Announcment: MP3 extension for VDR

Stefan Huelswitt schrieb:

> Hi,
> my new VDR enhancement is available, which adds playlist based
> MP3 playback capability to vdr.

> Select MP3 from the main menu. A list of available playlists is
> displayed. Select wanted playlist and press OK or red key.
> Playback starts. During playback you will see the channel which
> was tuned last.

Stefan, thank you for your work. I did not test it by now, but let me
ask for a special feature at this (early) time of devel.

Would it be possible to add the ability to setup a number of directorys
containing mp3-files in this order:

mp3home/artist/album/tracks

So, recursively scanning the whole directory-content, to have all
artists on one list, select one, have all albums of this artist, select
one album and then (with all tracks marked for replay) play the whole
thing. like xmms/winamp, when navigating to a directory and let the
software play the whole selected dir recursively.

i would expect a large number of folks organizing their mp3īs this way
(cajun-like)

what do you think ?

brgds
c.