[linux-dvb] Re: Announcment: MP3 extension for VDR

On 22 Aug 2001 Carsten Guenther <cguenther@guenthers.net> wrote:

> Would it be possible to add the ability to setup a number of directorys
> containing mp3-files in this order:
>
> mp3home/artist/album/tracks

Beneath the /mp3/files directory you can setup what evere
directory structure you want.

> So, recursively scanning the whole directory-content, to have all
> artists on one list, select one, have all albums of this artist, select
> one album and then (with all tracks marked for replay) play the whole
> thing. like xmms/winamp, when navigating to a directory and let the
> software play the whole selected dir recursively.

Well, I thought about doing something like this. But this is for
a later stage. Next to be done is a better replay control and a
playlist editor.

I don't have a single complete album in my collection but I have many
playlists. This way my design is playlist based. And I hope that
you don't mind that I satisfy my needs in first place :-)
But feel free to supply any code sequences for special wishes.

Meanwhile, maybe you could setup some shell script which generates
playlists on-the-fly.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan