[linux-dvb] Re: EIT-Scanner on VDR 0.92

PankratzRudolf@aol.com wrote:

> > on
> > > all
> > > displayed.

> > > All "Premiere" Channels an most of FTA Channels. Descriptions are only
> > > availabel on Premiere PPV Channels. With bugfixlevel "2" i havent get any
> > > EPG info on the most "öffentlich-rechlichen".
> > >
> > > Greetings
> > > A. Share
> >
> > Very strange...
> >
> > I get all information just fine with any EPGBugfixLevel.
> > Besides, I couldn't imagine why the description should disappear.
> > EPGBugfixLevel>=2 simply removes excess whitespace and hyphens.
> >
> > Is anybody else observing this problem, too?
> >
> > Klaus
> >
> Hello Klaus,
>
> I read this mailinglist over one year.
>
> This is a great work. I have the same problem as
> Andreas Share.
> Descriptions are only availabel on Premiere PPV Channels.
> With bugfixlevel "2" i havent get any
> EPG info on the most "öffentlich-rechlichen".
>
> Rudolf Pankratz

I'd really like to help, but since I get all descriptions right here
with any value of EPGBugfixLevel I'm afraid there's nothing I can do.

You might want to insert debug outputs into cEventInfo::FixEpgBugs()
to see what actually happens to the descriptions. Before line 459 the
pExtendedDescription data must still be there, so it would be interesting
after which line it miraculously disappears...

Klaus