[linux-dvb] Re: another patch for remote control with rev 2.1

Ingo Janetzki writes:
 > As stated in another mail, I couldn't get the first solution of
 > Christoph Martin to work, even not after a real long time. So I
 > assumed that there must be an additional trick e.g. using the serial
 > port for ir reception. On the other hand, the second solution by

No, it works with the ir receiver of the card.
Why else would it have to be built into the DVB driver at all?

 > Matthias Hilbig started working after max. 15 minutes (including
 > 10 minutes for correcting bad carriage returns).

I will not add this second solution to the driver unless it is
rewritten to work via LIRC. Presently, it adds new API calls to the
driver. This is not necessary and will only work with applications
specifically written for the DVB driver.

As I said before, LIRC is well established as an infra-red remote
control API for Linux. Why should we invent a new one?
Dozens of applications (including VDR) already work with it.

Ralph