[linux-dvb] Re: another patch for remote control with rev 2.1

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, Ralph Metzler wrote:
> Marc Jadoul writes:
>  > I need a universal remote because i want to use a motorized antena... and it
>  > seems that there aren't any DVB card that could do DISECQ 1.2... is that
>  > right ? Are the APIs forseeing DISECQ 1.2 ?
>
> You can send arbitrary DiSEqC commands. What more do you need for
> DiSEqC 1.2? AFAIK, a back-channel is only specified for DISECQ 2.0.
>
> AFAIR, somebody also already wrote applications for DiSEqc rotors.

have a look at http://bernd.schweikert.bei.t-online.de

the last patch is for vdr-0.84 but with a little bit work it applies
also on vdr-0.92.

the DiSEqC 1.2 comands are really easy to to. so if you dont like
my implementation ... :-)

perhaps when I have more time I make a patch for vdr-0.9x,
but it seems that not many are interested in DiSEqC 1.2 :-)

bernd
schweikert@dit-gmbh.de