[linux-dvb] Re: another patch for remote control with rev 2.1

Thanks for your response Ralph,

 > I need a universal remote because i want to use a motorized antena... and
it
 > seems that there aren't any DVB card that could do DISECQ 1.2... is that
 > right ? Are the APIs forseeing DISECQ 1.2 ?

You can send arbitrary DiSEqC commands. What more do you need for
DiSEqC 1.2? AFAIK, a back-channel is only specified for DISECQ 2.0.

AFAIR, somebody also already wrote applications for DiSEqc rotors.

Could you provide a link for that ? That would help if it work.
In fact i find strange that you could command a Disecq 1.2 motorized antenna
directly from the card itself because someone from hauppauge support once
responded to me that the card was not powerfull enought to command a rotor.

Marc