[linux-dvb] Re: EIT-Scanner on VDR 0.92

Hello list and Klaus!

I yust encoutered a similar problem with EIT.

After a cvs update for the DVB drivers (~30min ago) and the rebuild/reload of the drivers
I got only the filmname and type. No film description on any chanel.
I switched "EPG BugfixLevel to 1, but nothing happened until I reload VDR.
And now I'm unable to reproduce the error. It works flawless with BugfixLevel 2.

But nevertheless the error could be in the driver, couldn't it?

Some generell feedback to DVB/VDR:
I really like it since I got (nearly) rid of the "channel not sync'ed" -> no picture error. At least for my system the weak spot was not DVB or VDR, it was the DISECQ Switch! After the "upgrade" to a technisat switch the channel zapping works good.
But from time to time I got the wrong channel. It is not a problem, but I noticed that it seems only to happen on a channel switch to 12088, vertical (e.g. Planet from PW) The problem was much worse with the old switch, where it was generallly impossible to switch to a channel on this transponder without entering the channel number at least twice. Often the screen got only black, but some times I got the wrong channel, too.

All in all VDR is a great pice of software and I'm allready looking forward to the next "Weekend Relase" of Klaus.

My VDR system:
PIII- 600
1 DVB-S Rev. 1.3 with AllCAM (second Card blown up:-(
DVB driver 0.9 (cvs today, ca. 21.00 Uhr Germany)
Suse 7.2 with Linux 2.4.5

Alexander

P.s.
@Klaus
Sorry for the forward of the unedited mail. My fingers are to thick for this keyboard, it seems:-)

IhrName@web.de, 8MB Speicher, Verschluesselung - http://freemail.web.de