[linux-dvb] Re: some comments, questions and suggestions on VDR

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, Jochen Kirstätter wrote:

> Hi DVB-ML,

high

> some questions aside to VDR:
> * Is there a Linux tool like 'CD-Bremse' to spin down DVD-Drive speed?

I didnt try it yet, but I would try `hdparm -E'

>   - has anyone a command for lm_sensors?

Ia m using this:

4. Temperatursensoren          :   /usr/local/bin/sensors |/usr/bin/tail
-n6 |/usr/bin/sed -e "s/^\(.*\)(.*$/\1/"

this shows only the Temperatures of the CPU and the System and the fan
speeds of the CPU fan and the system fan and the chassis intrusion alarm
Look on the output of your `sensors', maybe you should use grep instead of
tail.
`sed' cuts the annoying
 (min = 3000 RPM, div = 2)
and
 (limit = +60°C, hysteresis = +50°C) sensor = thermistor

hope it helps

c ya
        Sergei

         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de