[linux-dvb] Re: another patch for remote control with rev 2.1

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 12:26:54PM +0200, Ingo Janetzki wrote:

> Ralph Metzler schrieb:

> > I'll answer that after I stopped banging my head against the wall.
> >
> > Ralph
> >

> Hi Ralph,
>
> OK, I'll wait that long. After that, take an aspirin and read this:
> As stated in another mail, I couldn't get the first solution of
> Christoph Martin to work, even not after a real long time. So I
> assumed that there must be an additional trick e.g. using the serial
> port for ir reception. On the other hand, the second solution by
> Matthias Hilbig started working after max. 15 minutes (including
> 10 minutes for correcting bad carriage returns).

Hi, and thanx a lot for all your effort,
i would like to get this patch to work, but patch keeps complaining about "malformed patch", and i know too little about how the right syntax of a patch should
look like, working with vi, so, how to recognize those bad CR's? Or how about
putting it somewhere ready-to-use? (im not a programmer)

thank you all again for your effort and enthusiasm, helps me a lot.

Dieter