[linux-dvb] Re: WinTV Nova-t PCI (DVB-T)

On Friday 24 August 2001  7:33 am, Haapala, Juuso wrote:
> Morning folk,
>
> noticed that Hauppauge has released a DVB-T PCI-card recently, called WinTV
> Nova-t PCI
> http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/html/wc_data.htm#novatpci
>
> How is with the driver support?
>
> Being sold at UK, also noticed - at verkkokauppa.com, a Finnish network
> broker selling this card in Finland - but anyone know if they work in
> Finland, because the standards in Finland and UK are different?

This has been discussed recently on this list - see the archives at
http://www.linuxtv.org.  This card is due to become available in the UK in
September

To summarise, I think the card should work all over Europe (the DVB-T
demodulator chip is probably LSI Logic's L64781 - search www.lsilogic.com -
which can handle both the UK and European systems).  Convergence are working
on adding DVB-T support to the driver, but they haven't given any dates for
release.  The latest CVS driver contains the first steps in support for
DVB-T., but there is no driver for the tuner module yet - so it doesn't do
anything.

Regards,

Dave.