[linux-dvb] Re: PCM syncing

Hi,

Ralph Metzler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I added a crude syncing mechanism for PCM playback to the firmware.
> First tests playing back a DVD with PCM sound are promising.
> Previously sync was often lost when freezing and continuing
> the playback. Now it always stays in sync.
>
> To take advantage of this in DVD playback you will have to insert
> the PTS of the initial AC3 PES into the PCM PES.
> The total PES length still must not exceed 2048 bytes and it seems
> that the actual PCM payload (after PES header and PCM header)
> has to be word aligned to the PES start for the AV7110 to correctly
> swallow it. So, add padding to the PES header if necessary.

Ahhhrrrrggggghhhh, now i have to dig through tons of vdr-devel-xxxxx
directories to find the PTS insert stuff again :-))).
I played with it and throwed it away because it messed up the output.

Anyway, many thanks for this.

One more question, either i got the wrong PTS or video packet PTS are
not same as audio packet PTS for AC3. Is that OK, or do they have to be
syncron?

Andreas