[linux-dvb] Suggested (minor) change for channels.conf

Hello,

I know that Klaus is rightly very resistent to changes to the channels.conf
file, but here is a suggestion for a backwards-compatible extension

The documentation for VDR ("FORMATS") states that the "conditional access"
field contains "0" for FTA, "1" - can be decrypted by first card, "2" - can
be decrypted by the second card etc.

If I am understanding VDR correctly, this documentation could be changed to
say:

" "0" means the channel can be received on all installed cards, "1" means the
channel can only be received on the first card, "2" means the channel can
only be received on the second card etc "

This seems a more logical explanation to me.

My suggested change would then be to extend the conditional access field to
contain a comma-separated list of DVB cards that that channel can be received
from.  This wouldn't break any existing channels.conf, but would give more
flexibity to users with multiple cards or LNBs (including mixtures of DVB-S,
DVB-C and (hopefully) DVB-T).

I am happy to write the appropriate patch for VDR if Klaus (and others) feel
that this is a useful addtion to VDR.

Regards,

Dave.