[linux-dvb] Re: Suggested (minor) change for channels.conf

----- Original Message -----
From: "Klaus Schmidinger" <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de>
To: <linux-dvb@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 10:46 AM
Subject: [linux-dvb] Re: Suggested (minor) change for channels.conf

> Sergei Haller wrote:
> >
> > high
> >
> > On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Jean-Claude Repetto wrote:
> >

> > > I think it is not totally sufficient. For example, you can have two
Viaccess
> > > CAMs, one with a TPS card, and the other with a swiss card. So it may
be a
> > > little more complex. Dave's solution is better, because you can use
any CAMs
> > > and cards.
> >
> > AFAI understand Klaus, you will be able to write any configuration you
> > like, e.g. one called "Viaccess-TPS" and one called "Viaccess-Swiss"
> > and specify for both of them which dvb card to use.
>
> That's the idea :-)
>
> Klaus

Thanks to the simulcrypt, some channels can be decrypted with different CAMs
and cards.
For example, AB1 on Astra can be received with a Mediaguard CAM and a Canal
Satellite card, or with a Viaccess CAM and an ABSAT card. So you should
allow to put several configuration names separated by commas in the Ca
field.

Also, the same channel AB1 is broadcast on Astra and on HotBird. That
becomes really complex to manage ...

Regards,

Jean-Claude