[linux-dvb] Re: another patch for remote control with rev 2.1

Christoph Martin schrieb:

> Ingo Janetzki <janetzki@dosco.de> writes:
>
> > As stated in another mail, I couldn't get the first solution of
> > Christoph Martin to work, even not after a real long time. So I
> > assumed that there must be an additional trick e.g. using the serial
> > port for ir reception. On the other hand, the second solution by
>
> Try to tell me what you did and what did not work. Perhaps my
> instructions were not very clear and I can help you.
>
> Mainly the procedure is:
>
> install the patch
> compile the module
> load lirc_dev
> 'make insmod'
> copy the lircd.conf I posted to the configuration array of your lirc
>   installation (/etc/lircd)
> start or restart the lircd (because /dev/lirc is only available after
> Now - depending on which remote control frontend you use (dtv, ..) -
>   you have to configure which action to do for which button
>   I posted an example configuration for dtv.
>
> Christoph

Thank you, I'll try that once more. But I'm not sure if there is enough
time for it over the weekend. At the moment, I can't remember the steps
I made in my trials.

Bye, Ingo

--
* Ingo Janetzki                                Phone: +49-6221-1486-12 *