From: Ronald Haut [mailto:ronald.haut@web.de]
Sent: vendredi 24 août 2001 15:26
To: linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
Subject: [linux-dvb] Hauppauge DVB-S Rev. 2.1

Hi,

I'm pretty new to this list and I'm getting close to buy a PC plus a
Hauppauge DVB-S card.
As far as I know there is a new hardware revision 2.1. Does anybody know if
there is a new linux driver for this card ?
Can the SPDIF be used to pass the sound through or do I have to use a
soundcard ?Does SPDIF output pass AC-3 and DTS (for DVD) ?
What kind of machine is recommended to use it for both VCR and DVD. Will a
PIII 450 MHz / 256 SD-RAM do the job ?

Cheers,

Ronald
IhrName@web.de, 8MB Speicher, Verschluesselung - http://freemail.web.de