[linux-dvb] Re: EIT-Scanner on VDR 0.92

Hi Michael,

I don't think that you will have problems with a build in switch.
Mine was really broken, I had problems with a normal DVB-Reviver, too.
- Sometims (~once a month) the signal strength broke down. So I got a distorted picture until I reset the switch.

- One transponder (only ORF seems to be on it) could be recived with one of my DVB recivers, but not with the other, until I changed DISEqC A with DISEgC B manually on the switch. (After the change I got at least a Signal, so I think it was ok. Couldn't test it because ORF is scrambled. Damm hard to notice this error!)

- Sometimes my normal DVB- Box couldn't switch channel, too.
(But still much more relieable than VDR could:-)

So I guess that if your signal quality and signal strength are high, this couldn't be your problem. I think the likly "viktims" are those with a external low bugged DISqC switch.

I encountered video corruptin, too.
I thought this problem was gone, but one of my last recordings had Sound droppouts and some squares in the video. But this may be caused by using the OSD while recording the film, I think (only one card at the moment).
The other films seemed to be all right.

At the moment there EPG with EPGBugfixLevel 2 works perfectly. So it probably was a one-time-glitch, perhaps triggered by reloading the old DVB-S driver and loading the new one without restarting the system?

Alexander

p.s.

Michael, I think you send your mail only to me, not to the list.
You have to replace the recipent with linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
(Made the same error:-)