[linux-dvb] Automatical VDR wake up. (Was: Powersave updated!!)

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Peter Seyringer wrote:

> I have updated my project "Powersave". ...
> There is now no support for vdr, so i need some people how help me to
> implement them into vdr.

Im experementing with wake on rtc (but havent much time, though) at the
moment. Someone on the list wrote something about automatical wake on lan.

I think it would be nice to have a general solution, i.e. if VDR is
exitting, it checks which of the timers would be recorded next (e.g. on 23
at 13:00) and calls some program (?configurable by the user at compile
time?) with the three parameters 23 12 55.
(I think 5 minutes time difference should be sufficient for any (?)
system, but maybe the time difference should be set via setup menu)

this external program would set the wake up mechanism properly.
(powersave, wake on lan, wake on rtc or whatever else)

c ya
        Sergei

         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de
      WWW-page:     http://www.hrz.uni-giessen.de/~gc1007/