[linux-dvb] System freezes while playing records

Hi,

I have the problem that my linux box freezes completely while
playing some records. There were no strange log-entrys (except sometimes many @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@'s in the /var/log/messages) and when the system hangs I only can do a hard-reset.

This error occours randomly with all of the past versions of
vdr (since 0.72 where I started) and the driver up to the
vdr 0.92 and driver from Klaus homepage.

My linux box is running all the time but only until this
system-freeze occours, so nearly every 2 or 3 days I have to
hard-reset my computer.

I don't know if this is a hardware or a driver problem, but
often the system freezes while playing some records.

Does anybody of you have a similar problem?

Maybe my hardware is not the best for linux?

My configuration:

AMD Thunderbird 1000 MHz
512 MB Ram
mainboard NMC 8TAX+
40 GB IBM HD
80 GB Maxtor HD
Matrox G400 / (same problems with a ATI Expert 8MB Card)
Suse 7.2

Thank's in advance,

Harald

Zeigen Sie der Welt dass Sie noch leben! Mit den neuen freenet.de Grusskarten bringen Sie sich jetzt leicht  in nette Erinnerung und Farbe ins Spiel:  http://freecards.freenet.de  freenet.de - normal ist das nicht!칻&ޱjf%ZXo0n˛mb]y

Home | Main Index | Thread Index