[linux-dvb] Re: System freezes while playing

>Hi,
>
>I have the problem that my linux box freezes completely while
>playing some records. There were no strange log-entrys (except
>sometimes many @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@'s in the /var/log/messages) and when >the
system hangs I only can do a hard-reset.

>This error occours randomly with all of the past versions of
>vdr (since 0.72 where I started) and the driver up to the
>vdr 0.92 and driver from Klaus homepage.
>
>My linux box is running all the time but only until this
>system-freeze occours, so nearly every 2 or 3 days I have to
>hard-reset my computer.
>
>I don't know if this is a hardware or a driver problem, but
>often the system freezes while playing some records.
>

>Does anybody of you have a similar problem?
>
>Maybe my hardware is not the best for linux?

Yes, I do have a similar problem on my VDR. When I playback a recording and
press FFW or FRW or jump bach and forward within the first aprox. 30 sec of
playback-process, my system hangs and I have to hard-reset.

Cu,

Tilo