[linux-dvb] AW: AW: Automatical VDR wake up. (Was: Powersave updated!!)

Hello,

>> >I think it would be nice to have a general solution,
>> No doubt about that. Over the weekend I got the idea to contact the guy
from
>> http://www.zapway.de and ask him, whether he could modify his
>> LIRC-IR-Adapter to simulate a Wake-on-ring signal at the com-port. Power>
>> could possibly be taken from the Wake-on-LAN adapter. If this works, we
>> could wake up the VDR-box simply by remote control.
>
>this is something different, but I think it would be nice too.
>
>I'm not sure, but I think you culd do it with the project Powersave.
>
>c ya
>        Sergei

just stumbled upon it: someone mentioned Wake-on-KeyboardStroke, and as I
just ordered one of those infrared keyboards w. mouse-replacement (f. W9x
use); it should work with this one as well. That would mean simulating the
ir-signal for the keyboard stroke at the PS/2-port for wake-up.
Unfortunately this would also mean another IR-adapter. Or enhanced
LIRC-adapter with both ports covered.

Sorry, just some confused brainstorm thoughts I wanted to bring out to the
public before they are gone.

Any ideas anyone?

Greets,
Andreas