Stefan

kai <maniac@superbyte.de>
Gesendet von: root@post.webmailer.de
27.08.2001 20:07

        An:     linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
        Kopie:
        Thema:  [linux-dvb] little prob

ok, my prob is stil AC3 so I downloaded the ALSA beta6 driver and wanted
to unpack them
(i ve found a nice litte guide how to setup ac3).
the problem is, i am not even able to unpack them.
the first thing is they have then ending .bz2
if i try to unpack them with tar -xzf (as written in the HOWTO at the
also website) i get an error message:
tar -xzf alsa-driver-0.9.0beta6.tar.bz2

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1

i have also tried to rename the ending of the file but the error message
stays the same.

any ideas? do i have to install another package that supports that kind
of compression?

mfg

Kai

linux-dvb" as subject.