[linux-dvb] Re: AW: DVBs Hardware requirements (Was: Finally found al l the

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [linux-dvb] Re: AW: DVBs Hardware requirements (Was: Finally found al l the (28-Aug-2001 15:05)
From:    axelgruber2@gmx.de
To:      apieper@gmx.net

> >> as big as you want (2 hours recordings ~5GB), etc.
> >                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > My vdr-box needs ~1.6GB/hour -> 3.2GB/2hours.
>
> > Are you sure your vdr needs that amount of
> > space per hour ?
>
> Yes - think about it - it depend on the Transfer-RATE of the STATION you
> record... :-)

Of course, but the average amount of space
needed is ~3.2GB (at least if i calculate
my actual recordings, ~150GB at the moment).

I think for a vdr-newbie it is more helpfull
to know the average rate than the highest
GB per hour rate.

BTW: what is the date-rate range for DVB ?
If i look at DVD-data-rates, the differences
of various films are very big, the differences
in data-rate in recordings are minimal.

...Andreas