[linux-dvb] Homepage and dtv-vrcc

Hi!

Several News from my side concerning my dvbpage and a small
new project which hopefully does not interfere with others:

I've updated my dvbpage (http://www.suamor.de/dvbpage.html),
the spec file works with the latest DVB release. As I had
several tuning problems with dtv which probably did not appear
in the previous release (still investigating this topic to be
sure), I did only post the spec file for that version, but except
the archive name (and some bzme'ing) no changes are necessary.

Also I included a new version of the dtv spec (the patch was
missing) and an lirc spec (I did not get lirc to run with my
SIR device, maybe it's out of order, so I don't know how well
this works). All spec file were created and tested on Mandrake 8.x

Also I created a new sourceforge project: http://dtv-vrcc.sf.net.
As I have still no homepage on there, you should try out the
project page http://sf.net/projects/dtv-vrcc. There you can download
the first version and I also imported the archive it into CVS.
I've already written a DTD for saving the IR command config and
included the TODO list (which is not yet in CVS):

List of items which can be added or improved

a) Graphical User Interface
- Improve the look & feel ( I don't like it myself ;-)
- Make it more configurable (add / remove buttons, relabeling)

b) Connection to DTV
- Check connection and warn User to start dtv before using the
  client (but do not quit) -> Disable buttons
- (Re)Connect button, in case dtv crashes
- Do not automatically quit if dtv crashes, but warn the user to
  restart/reconnect to dtv
- use libdtv :)

c) Other features
- Administration of available channels (YES, adding or deleting
  of the available_channels.dcl should be possible) and favorite
  channel_list.dcl
- Possibility to stop dtv or tell him to start scanning channels
- Merging two available_channel lists (diff-like), would be a
  a better job for dtv (perl-script) ?

Ok what is DTV ? (from the README)

dtv-vrcc is a program which lets you control the dtv application
(http://hesdvb.sf.net). It does it by opening a connection to the dtv
server and sending commands to it. Currently it only send the control
commands for tuning channels etc. similar to a remote control. It
requires gtk+1.2 and gnet to be installed. At the moment you cannot
change any of the buttons and the GUI does not look that good IMO
but it works for me and it's a lot easier to use instead of typing
in all the commands when you don't have a remote control which you
can use with dtv.

Of course you need to have a dvb card, the dvb driver and the dtv
program itself installed or this program is quite useless ;-)

Development
-----------

If you're interested in improving this small tool, just take a look
at the developer pages of dtv-vrcc. They are hosted on sourceforge:
http://sf.net/projects/dtv-vrcc.

Bugs
----

If you really found a bug you can post it on the project page as well.
Also there is a mailing list (for developers and users) if you're just
interested in the tool itself and a forum for general diskussion. Else
I recommand joining the DVB mailing list on linuxtv.net.

Oh yes, I'll join this ML tonight, nearly forgotten ;-)

Regards,

Reinhard Katzmann
--
E-Mail: reinhard@suamor.de
New GnuPG Public Key available on request

-- Type: application/pgp-signature