[linux-dvb] Re: Mute and volume control (was: Re: timeshift andmore

Am 28.08.2001, schrieb Usenet-372110@zocki.toppoint.de (Rainer Zocholl)

> >Another (not so important) feature that I would appreciate very much
> >somewhere in the future is a 'mute'-Key. Since I most often use

> Same wish here.

Me too.. my family still asks for that.

> OK, "(ISDN)phone-on-screen" would be a luxury dream
> (displaying calling nunber, on hook up, turning off TV audio,
> automatically recording to be able to a time shifted
> played back when the telefone hook down... ;-) )

Well... this should be almost possible with a bit of hard work and SVDRP.
I already have a little script on my other linux-machine (the one with
ISDN and vbox) which uses the MESG-command to tell me who is calling. Now
if only the MESG-command would be a bit enhanced (displaying multiple
lines of text, possibility to define the duration of the message and
maybe a possibility to define text/background-color).

> >BTW is is possible to control the output volume of the DVB
> >card depending on the channel and/or source that is used for
> >replaying. PRO7 is loud, DVD is very silent ... An adjustment
> >possibility somewhere in the configuration files would be very fine.

> Because my "HiFi-System" is not remote controlable i
> would wish a volume control too...

Since the Windows-Software has a volume-slider, it should be possible?

Greetings,   Marcus