[linux-dvb] Re: timeshift and more

> since a few days I'm the proud owner of 2 DVB cards. One of the biggest
> advantages of this configuration for me is the possibility to perform
> timeshift. If I set up a timer, then the second card is used to record
> the program and I can start replaying when ever I want. If I start
> recording manually, then on my system the first card is used to record
> the data. Since only the first card can be used to replay my movie I
> have to wait until the recording has been finished.
????

you have to record with the socond card !  - so setup your channels conf..
Then you will be able to watch the movie with the Primary CARD while the second card is still recording.

> Another (not so important) feature that I would appreciate very much
> somewhere in the future is a 'mute'-Key. Since I most often use
> TV-speaker and my Hifi-system for the audio output I have to handle a
> complete set of RCs in case the telefon rings or the neighbour
> complains.BTW is is possible to control the output volume of the DVB
> card depending on the channel and/or source that is used for replaying.
> PRO7 is loud, DVD is very silent ... An adjustment possibility somewhere
> in the configuration files would be very fine. I know that I can do all
> this manually, but I'm very eager to reduce the total number of remote
> controls.

What kind of remote do you use ? - LIRC ?

Then use a programm called LIRCEXE - with this you can execute programms with your remotecontroll.

I use it to controll the alsamixer - with this command i can Mute, change volume ....

All this ony works if you loop the signal through a Sound-CARD....... !!!