[linux-dvb] Re: Integration of Powersave in VDR

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 07:08:54AM +0200, Peter Seyringer wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Klaus, how can you difference if it is a normal timer while the vdr is
> running or a powersave startet timer after the timer vdr calls die shutdown
> commando?
> I think you should call the shutdown command with an additional parameter
> after starting vdr. If the return value is 0 vdr runs like the version now,
> if it is 1 vdr shutdown the computer after the timer!

I do not think this is the right way. VDR should call a external program
(script) - after a timer has finished (and no other usage detected), and the
script decides - to shutdown, to do nothing ...
 VDR should be still running after starting the script (the script is able
to shutdown the whole computer - and VDR too).

        Matthias