[linux-dvb] Re: Recordings never delete

Matthias Fechner wrote:

> Hi Klaus,
>
> On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
> >   DefaultPriority = 50   The default Priority and Lifetime values used when
> >   DefaultLifetime = 50   creating a new timer event. A Lifetime value of 99
>
> When i set this two parameters to 99 will be all recordings halt?
> Or the recordings deleted which are recorded before i set this two values?

This only applies to NEW recordings that were made with timers that have
their Lifetime parameter set to 99.

> I bought a new Harddisk and now i copy all videos to this harddisk and
> this videos must survive.

There is currently no way of modifying these from inside VDR.
But you can rename the recordings' directories from, e.g.,

/video/Title/2001-08-29.10:00.50.50.rec

/video/Title/2001-08-29.10:00.50.99.rec

to get the desired effect.

Klaus