[linux-dvb] Re: Best way to archive VDR record on CD?

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 03:52:51PM +0200, Carsten Koch wrote:

> > I just began to record some movies and I wonder which is the best way to
> > record them on CD?
>
> I do not think you will save a significant amount of space
> if you transfer the raw data to the CD instead of creating
> an iso9660 file system. After all, there are only very few
> files populating the file system, so it will not create
> much overhead.

Hello,

thanks for your answer ;-)
So I have to do iso9660 (700 or 800 Mb don't change much for me...) with
a .vdr file and one index file, and then, by which way do I replay then
under VDR? Without the need of reencoding the files, if possible...

Another times, thanks you very much,

	Greg