[linux-dvb] Problems with /dev/video and RH 7.1

Hi all,
    I' having a problem using dvbd3 and Red Hat 7.1 (kernel 2.4.3).

After installing the siemens dvb card and the drivers rel 8.2 I compiled
and tried to run the dvbd.
The program compiles but doesn't execute and in the /var/log/messages
file the trace is:

dvbd[5370]: starting
dvbd[5370]: open: Is a directory
dvbd[5370]: exiting

Taking a look at the code I found that the daemon is trying to access
the device /dev/video that is a directory.

I found another post with the same problem (RH 7.1 and dvbd - 7 May
2001), but I couldn't find any answer to the question.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,
    Attilio