[linux-dvb] DVB-C

Hi everybuddy,

I'm new to the list as well as to TV on Linux machines.
I read carefully several websites and articles in papers and magazines
handling TV on Linux with DVB-devices.

My Problem is, that I don't have a satellite TV, because I'm using a german
cable-connect.
I know that there is a siemens DVB-C Card for Cable-Connects, but where to
buy ? I cant find it. Only the DVB-S for SAT-recieving is everywhere in stock.

On the other hand: is the TV data feed into the cable also in digital format,
is it mixed or depends on local regions ?
I know, that german-pay-tv sends digital MPEG-encoded streams, but therefore
you need a working decoder to unscramble it.

Can anyone bring some light into it.
Thanks.

--
Andreas Schwibbe