[linux-dvb] Re: Serious Playback probs

At 20:29 31.08.2001 +0200, Rainer Zocholl wrote:
>tilo@diredare.de(Tilo Renkl)  31.08.01 17:02
>
>Once upon a time Tilo Renkl shaped the electrons to say...
>
> >Hi @all
>
> >sorry for writing again and again, but I have serious problems with
> >the playback funktion of VDR.
> >Every time I playback a movie with I have recorded, the VDR hangs
> >completely. Not the system but at least the VDR.
>
>During a simple replay?
>Never had this. (0.93+that driver)
>Except, when the receiver could not receive anything anymore...
>That seems to be something VDR (or the card?) really do not like.
>

> >While editing marks, forward and rewind the system stops suddenly and
> >is not responding any more. Even killing the vdr and restart does not
> >solve the problem. There an NO messages is var/log/messages or
> >/var/log/vdr. Only restarting the whole PC can solve the prob.
>
> >Any hints ??
>
>try
>
>#killall vdr
>#
>#cd ../DVB/drivers
>#
>#make reload
>#
>#cd ../VDR
>#
>#runvdr
>

>It might be useful for helping you if you tell which
>versions of VDR, DVB and which DVB-cards(s) you use.
>And which kind of RC (LIRC?)

To me, that sounds like that dreaded AC3-Pipe/OSD/EIT problem.
Tilo: Did you start vdr with the -a option? If so, you're not the only one
experiencing crashes.
Just forget about AC3 for the time being or apply the patch Klaus posted
some 6 days ago, which will on the other hand completely disable the EPG.

Ciao
Stephan