[linux-dvb] Re: Video Disk Recorder version 0.94

Martin Hoffmann wrote:

> Works fine for me ...
>
> btw: The parameter for the video file size has a default of 2000. Why did
> you change this from the old default of 1024 ?

Well, the good old story about a default value never being ok for everybody... ;-)
With the old (fixed) value of 1024MB people who wanted to archive to CDs
complained about always having to patch the source to get 640MB (or so).
Others complained about the recordings being split at all, they would have
liked arbitrarily long files. So I made this paramter configurable and used
the highest value as default. I don't want to go to the trouble of using
64 bit index values, because VDR would still have to be able to store a recording
in several files (e.g. if one disk runs full), and if somebody really wants
to have one large file, there's always 'cat'.

Klaus