[linux-dvb] Re: Video Disk Recorder version 0.94

Am 02.09.2001, schrieb Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> ...

> - When a recording is running on the primary interface, any attempt to
change
>   the current channel will now lead to a "Channel locked" message.

A message would also be nice when trying to switch to an encrypted
channel and the secondary card with the CI is already occupied by a
recording. In fact.. there should always be a message if a needed card is
not available. Otherwise the user might think that something is broken
(e.g. CAM doesn't work) and begins to restart VDR over and over again,
which is not very good for the resulting recordings.

> - New setup parameter OSDMessageTime to define how long an OSD message
shall
>   be displayed.

Well.. not exactly what I wanted, but at least something I can live with
for the moment ;-)

> - The summary information is now taken from the EPG data at the actual
time of
>   recording (no longer at the time the timer is created in the "Schedule"
menu).
>   If a timer already has summary data, that data will be used. If you
have
>   repeating timers in your 'timers.conf', you may want to make sure they
do
>   NOT contain any summary information (that's the last field in the timer
>   definitions). Use your favourite text editor to delete that
information.

Is this only for existing timers or also for new created ones? I mean..
when I create the 'initial' timer from the EPG and use the edit-function
to change the date to the weekdays.. do I still have to edit timers.conf
manually?

Greetings,  Marcus