[linux-dvb] Re: experimental PCM syncing for DVD playback

Am 3.9.2001 um 13:21 schrieb Andreas Schultz:

> I played a bit with the PCM audio syncing for DVD playback over the
> weekend. The results are promissing, but i still have one problem - my
> DVB/VDR/DVD box freezes after about 3min of DVD playback.

I played a DVD more then 10 minutes with this Patch, no freeze at all.
But some things are strange:

 * The first 24 chapters of my DVD are not playable, error message:
   libdvdread: Can't open file VTS_13_0.IFO, trying to play the same
   24 chapters results in this error: libdvdread: Can't open file
   VTS_115_0.IFO.

 * While replaying audio interrupts every second, sometimes i see garbage
   while the audio interrupts

 * Switching language is not possible

With the unpatched VDR all is fine.

> I apreciate any feedback, especialy any insight in the system freeze
> issue. My box has no monitor or keyboard, so it is really hard to find
> out whats going on.

Sorry, no freeze happens while testing.

Ciao, Thomas