[linux-dvb] Re: CAM again

On 3 Sep 2001, at 15:09, Gerhard Achs wrote:

> Again its me with a question concernig CAMs.
> What shall such an Irdeto AllCAM cost? I'm not sure if I'm willing to
> spend 330 EUR _Euro_ (would be 'bout 4500öS or 650DM) just for
> watching ORF on my VDR-box .... ;-)

yup, thats the way it ist.
maybe we got someday a running alphacrypt cam (which is a little bit
cheaper), but afaik today no other cam as a 4.7se works with vdr.

thanks to orf (and their deals with premiere/kirch) there is no
choice and politics isnt interested much (last year my mail to orf,
cc´ed to the media-speakers of all parties got [a unsatisfying]
answer of mr.molterer only).
gettin the smartcard was much complicated by a bureuacratic hotline
at orf (zawos brauchns des, is eh bei der dbox dabei ? wos, sie haum
ka premiere - des geht sowieso ned ! and so on).

wbr.tja...

thomas jagoditsch
email:tja@tja.org