[linux-dvb] Re: Playback in network

> Since some day´s i use a full automatic script for TVTV.DE
> - so i can programm both Machines over the WEB.

This is certainly no option for me.

> Additional i can programm the "MAIN" VDR over the Remote-Controll.
> Please standby - currently Carsten and myself test this new
> solution and if the thest is successfull - we will make it public...

This may be a good option - Thanks.

> Sure - a "real VDR-over-Network" communication would be great -
> but i don´t think klaus have enough time to implement this feature.....

... if I would have enough time ... :)
It shouldn't be to complicated as the transport stream is already
transfered between lokal threads. Adding a network connection in between
should be straight forward. But I don't await that from Klaus because he
has already invested so much time.

> The ideal Thing would be a VDR who can comunicate with "other" VDR´s in the
> network to share the TIMER the a "free" DVB-CARD..

This should be easier. Through NFS all have access to the timer.conf
file. Proper locking, adding and regular polling (1 Min intervall) of
all participating clients shouldn't be to complicated. You would need an
additional flag to find out whether recording by someone else is already
done, if not you start the recording.

I hope I get my 5 DVB-s machine running soon. But currently I am waiting
for the new Gigabyte 7ZXR mainboard and also have not much time during
september. Then I would like to setup a two local VDRs (4 and 1 DVBs)
and see how I can implement the above functionality. This would save me
a separate box as I have already an inhouse video distribution network.

Emil