[linux-dvb] Re: strange things happening...

marcus@kuba4u.de(Marcus Kuba)  02.09.01 23:37

Once upon a time Marcus Kuba shaped the electrons to say...

>Am 02.09.2001, schrieb Usenet-372110@zocki.toppoint.de (Rainer
>Zocholl) ...

>> Could it be possible, to add a "Yellow" key
>> to the main menu when a replay is running?
>> Currently i have to scroll to "Stop replay"
>> and worse, i'm thrown off the menue.

>You really should RTFM!!

I did ;-), but "Blue" and "Back" sounds so similar
and are so seldom to use and -i think the main reason-
the "replay" row is out of sight resp. ugly wrapped into
the first row on a 80 col display/editor
Now i found it! Thanks.:-)

Maybe 3 Tables might be easier to read?

Current:

  Key     Normal      Main       Channels   Timers     Edit/New      Recordings  Replay

  Up      Ch up       Crsr up    Crsr up    Crsr up    Crsr up       Crsr up     Play
  Down    Ch down     Crsr down  Crsr down  Crsr down  Crsr down     Crsr down   Pause
  Left    Prev group  -          Page up    Disable    Decrement     Page up     Search back
  Right   Next group  -          Page down  Enable     Increment     Page down   Search forward
  Ok      Ch display  Select     Switch     Edit       Accept        Play        Progress disp.
  Menu    Menu on     Menu off   Menu off   Menu off   Menu off      Menu off    Menu on
  Back    -           Menu off   Main menu  Main menu  Discard       Main menu   Recordings menu
  Red     -           Record     Edit       Edit       -             Play        Jump
  Green   -           Language   New        New        -             Rewind      Skip -60s
  Yellow  -           Eject DVD  Delete     Delete     -             Delete      Skip +60s
  Blue    -           Resume     Mark       Mark(1)    -             Summary     Stop
  0..9    Ch select   -          -          -          Numeric inp.  -           Editing
  Power   Shutdown    -          -          -          -             -           -

----------------------------

  Key     Normal      Main       Channels

  Up      Ch up       Crsr up    Crsr up
  Down    Ch down     Crsr down  Crsr down
  Left    Prev group  -          Page up
  Right   Next group  -          Page down
  Ok      Ch display  Select     Switch
  Menu    Menu on     Menu off   Menu off
  Back    -           Menu off   Main menu
  Red     -           Record     Edit
  Green   -           Language   New
  Yellow  -           Eject DVD  Delete
  Blue    -           Resume     Mark
  0       Toggle      -          -
  0..9    Ch select   -          -
  Power   Shutdown    -          -

  Key     Timers     Edit/New

  Up      Crsr up    Crsr up
  Down    Crsr down  Crsr down
  Left    Disable    Decrement
  Right   Enable     Increment
  Ok      Edit       Accept
  Menu    Menu off   Menu off
  Back    Main menu  Discard
  Red     Edit       -
  Green   New        -
  Yellow  Delete     -
  Blue    Mark(1)    -
  0..9    -          Numeric inp.

  Key     Recordings  Replay

  Up      Crsr up     Play
  Down    Crsr down   Pause
  Left    Page up     Search back
  Right   Page down   Search forward
  Ok      Play        Progress disp.
  Menu    Menu off    Menu on
  Back    Main menu   Recordings menu
  Red     Play        Jump
  Green   Rewind      Skip -60s
  Yellow  Delete      Skip +60s
  Blue    Summary     Stop
   2      -           Start actual Cuttingi
  4,6     -           Move editmark back, forward
  7,9     -           Jump to editmark back/forward
   8      -           Reply from next mark
   0      -           Toggle Edit Mark

Maybe (someday ;-) ) it could be possible to give
"context sensitive online key help"?

For example, showing the allowed keys (ideally with
their actual function, but not a must). Finally it should give
something like this, it's a VDR, not a unix, and every "hidden"
key is not "human"/ergonomic and should be avoided nowadays. ;-)

>Maybe you just try the BLUE key directly
>while replaying without getting the menu first.

That's a good idea!

But there is no way to "stay" in the menu?

>> Or any other key to go fast to the next video?

>BACK key while replay is in progress.

>> Is there the chance to easily "snopp" into the
>> record/recording channel in a n-card system?

>Only via the recordings-menu.

Jepp. But this is difficult.

>Maybe an additional marker there to
>highlight recordings in progress would be useful.

It seems to be much easier to go to
the timer menu than
got to timer menu,
write down the record times
goto the recording menu
search the fitting entry
watch it, stop watching it, got back to timer,
write down next record time...
repete upto to 4 times.

I remember someone asked for a "reminder timer".
A timer that should him remind to watch a transmission.
So he only needs a hint "a record started"
and he can easisly jump into the recording.

>>   If the difference is not required, "ok" could may be used
>>   to "snoop" into a running record.

>Interesting idea. There may be of course a lot of enhancements
>possible in this area... e.g. automatic timeshift when watching a
>(PayTV-)channel where a recording starts or something like a continous
>timeshift-recording which allowes to pause at any time û or a
>pause-key which will start an instant timeshifted recording.

Or the "0" which may switch between "replay" and the actual program
(pausing the replay),
and not just between 2 channels.