[linux-dvb] Re: Compiling Tuxzap, Warning while cross compiling.

Hi Harald,

Ok second part of the answer :-)

> Does it work with Mandrake 8.0?
> What versions of the additional packages are neccesary?
> What additional packages are neccesary?
> What Kernel Version is neccesary? Your dvb.spec file tells says that Kernel
> >= 2.4.3, libtool => 1.4 and lirc >= 0.6. 4 has to be installed. Is that
> really correct? I did not find any libtool 1.4mdk.rpm and lirc 0.6.4mdk.rpm
> Package!!
> Maybe that is the reason for my Errormessages?!

No the reason is (probably) different, but I had problems with libtool 1.3.x,
so I installed the latest from Mandrake Cooker. lirc is as I wrote on
my homepage necessary for rtuxzap, else you can ignore the message (remove
it or --nodeps). For the ncurses client ntuxzap you need ncurses devel
package and else you need of course XFree86-devel. I don't think you
need rpm-devel but maybe the spec-helper package.

> Bye, Harald.
>
> P.S. You forgot that a vew additional rpm.packages must been installed, such
> as rpm-build, rpm-devel...? And the sourcepackage has to be a ...tar.bz2
> image not a ....tar.gz as it is on the homepage of linuxtv.org.

bzme is your helper in this case, this converts .gz file to .bz2, the
reason is that all Mandrake packages use bz2 format and I simply convert
all the .gz files I download to .bz2 when creating rpms.

Regards,

Reinhard
--
E-Mail: reinhard@suamor.de
New GnuPG Public Key available on request

-- Type: application/pgp-signature