[linux-dvb] Re: Problems to convert pva->mpg

> I want to convert the pva files from vdr to mpg files to view them with a mpeg player like cyberdvd. But i get always an error while converting them.Can
> someone tell me, how i must convert them?

Since Driver 0.8/VDR-0.7 the files are NOT pva-files but plain mpeg2 files! (Just mplex them. See below)

But if you really mean pva-files.

cat <File(s)> | avpes2mpeg > temp.mpg   (This file is playable be all Linux-Players (i know), but no Windows-Plays accepts it)
mplex -v 60 -t MPEG2 -o output.mpg temp.mpg

This produces files perfectly fitting for Powerdvd/Windvd (Haven't tried any other Windows-Player)

It's possibel that other programs need other offsets! (60=xine/Powerdvd/Windvd, 300="The Hardware"/mpeg2divx/<unkown Windows mpeg2divx>, 600=xmovie)

(avpes2mpeg was posted to this list about 1 year ago, you can find it in the archive
mplex is the one in the driver archive. AFAIK this programm still has the 2GB problem. So keep the files unter 2GB)

Bis denn