[linux-dvb] Re: ts2aud_es (was ANNOUNCE: dvbstream 0.1)

Dave Chapman writes:
 > "Marcus O.C. Metzler" wrote:
 > >
 > > Dave Chapman writes:
 > >  > [Marcus - any chance of adding a "ts2aud_es apid" utility to mpegtools?]
 > >  >

 > > I see what I can do. Shouldn't be to hard if you start with
 > > ts_es_demux and get it to put audio to stdout and video to /dev/null.
 >
 > That would be very useful.  From what I can tell (I may be wrong), if
 > there is no video stream in the input, then it is not possible to
 > perform a "ts2aud_es" with any combination of your current set of
 > mpegtools.  A specific ts2aud_es tool that only looks for a single
 > specified PID would fix this gap.

I'll do something like ts2es where you give one PID and get the
elementary stream from that. In this way you get ts2aud_es and
ts2vid_es in one program, you just have to know the PID.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de
mocm@convergence.de                    http://www.convergence.de