[linux-dvb] Re: @klaus: idea for a new simple menu feature in vdr:

On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 12:59:44PM +0200, Carsten Koch wrote:

> Under certain circumstances you need to define only
> ONE new key for this: Many programmable remote controls
> provide macro functions that allow you to put more
> than one command on one key. Onfortunately, with
> vdr's current context-dependent menu system, this
> would not work reliably. For example, there is no
> key sequence that I can enter which will ALWAYS
> take me into the "Channels" menu.
>
> But, if you define ONE new button that takes me
> into the main menu, no matter what the current
> context is, great new things would become possible.

No, I think a global "CLEAR" button to RESET all Menues everytime is more
useful. Currently the Menu button does it, but only if a menu is visible.
With the global "CLEAR" send before each macro you can always be sure to
start with no menu visible. I know this as a "TV"-button at TV-remote
controls - it brings you back to the TV picture. This is also useful
for normal use.
 Maybe we can do this with no extra key. With a reorganistion of 2 keys.
Let's the menu-button work as "back" key, and the back key as global "Clear".
Only a minor change - I think we can learn it :-) Klaus? What do you think?

        Matthias