[linux-dvb] dvb mpeg stream

Fabien Penso writes:
 > --=-=-=
 >
 > Hello DVB people :)=20
 >
 > I have a linux Pc with a DVB card:
 >
 > 00:0b.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
 >
 > The driver apparently works well, as I have :
 >
 > PCI: Found IRQ 9 for device 00:0b.0
 > stradis: 1 card(s) found.
 > stradis0: config =3D 00 03 13 c2 26 0f ff ff ff ff (...)

No, you installed the wrong driver.
The Stradis card uses the same PCI bridge chip but the Stradis driver
does not properly check if it really is a Stradis card or something
else (like in this case a DVB card).
Remove the Stradis driver and get the DVB driver from www.linuxtv.org

 > I now wonder how I could save PVA file or MPEG stream I receive on the
 > DVB. I didn't find any docs around, neither program to do that. Is there
 > any howto somewhere ? I have to say I'm kind of lost, I've searched for
 > a while with no luck. Basicly the idea would be to save stream or data
 > than I receive directly to a file to do whatever I want with it. Is that
 > simple ?

Also look at www.linuxtv.org.
A simple application comes with the driver package. There also are
links to other applications like VDR.

Ralph