[linux-dvb] Re: @klaus: idea for a new simple menu feature in vdr:

On 06 Sep 2001 17:57:00 +0200, Usenet-372110@zocki.toppoint.de (Rainer
Zocholl) wrote:

> Or the "back" key pressed 5 times(or so did not count how
> deep VDR's menu struture is)
> leds always to the top "menu": The normal TV screen.

Today you can press the menu button twice to go into the top menu. I
think this is ok. In principle the menu key itself is the escape key.
IMHO there is no new functionality necessary here.

What I am missing most of the time is a fast way to display the channel
menu to select a channel. The Humax 5400 displays it when pressing the
OK button in TV mode. As VDR doesn't use the OK button in TV mode it
would be no problem to bring the channels menu up. Another point is here
that there should be more channels visible in this mode. As channel
names are normally very short it should be possible to display at least
3 or 4 columns of names. Channel numbers are not necessary here. Moving
around with the cursor keys doesn't switch the channels, pressing ok
does the select. Or pressing P+ and P- keys goes down and up and selects
the channel. Pressing exit goes back to TV mode. I find this very
practical to select channels from a large list very fast.

Just an idea.

Emil