[linux-dvb] Re: @klaus: idea for a new simple menu feature invdr:

Markus Schorer wrote:

> hi all,
>
> i've been following this discussion for some time now:
> nearly everyone has his own ideas on the keys/userinterface/remote
> stuff.
>
> i would like to have it mostly configurable:
> create a hierarchical (top-menu/sub-menu/...) config file, that
> lists all available options at one point in time (and one position
> in the menu tree), _then_ allow to customize the used remote-key.
>
> this way anybody could get the key-binding he wants.
>
> and, i think it would not be too complicated to implement (outspell
> every key to a unique name, add a layer of indirection for the remote-
> to-keyname binding).
>
> how about that?

VDR will get the ability to define key macros, so that everybody can
define their own keys for complex functions. At the beginning of such a
macro it will be defined that there is no menu active ("normal" viewing mode,
or replay mode, respectively).

However, at the moment I still have other things that I want to implement,
so can we please postpone this for a while?

I'm not going to implement a hierarchical menu config file, because that
would make things unnecessarily complex.

Klaus